Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby Lincoln!

Lindsey Davis, my sister 2 years older than me finally had her baby! Lincoln Wayne Davis born around 9:15pm last night, 9lbs 4oz and 19". He is sooooo adorable!

This is Jared and Lindsey's second child. Lily, the first was born while I was on my mission in Orlando so I didn't get to see my big sister pregnant, in the hospital, or be there right after Lily was born. So this felt like the first for me and boy was I excited. She went in yesterday around 2:30pm to be induced, and it wasn't until around 5 that she got a room and received some patosum (i have no idea what that is or if that's how it's spelled). Lindsey was worried about giving birth this time because the last time was not a pleasant or short experience, she was in labor with Lily (I'm told) for around 14 hours, but Lily was worth it! Lindsey was not excited to have it go so long or so painful again, but luckily it wasn't a repeat at all! Janice and I went to the hospital around 8:30 prepared to wait it out until at least 11-12. We wanted to see that baby! But after waiting only 1 hour Jared came out with amazing news, "HE'S BORN!" He also came out with some stunning video of "Lincoln" soon after birth, being weighed and crying as every newborn out of the womb should! We couldn't wait to go and see him and Lindsey.
After less than an hour of waiting we all got to go in and see them. What surprised me most as we walked into the room wasn't how adorable Lincoln was, I expected that, but how amazing Lindsey looked! When you see people in movies and scrapbooks after giving birth they are normally covered in sweat, their hair strewn about in a greaseball of mess and an anguished loving look on their face. But of all those the only one Lindsey had was the loving look on her face. Her hair was perfect, she was smiling away and looked like she had gone in for a normal doctor's appointment and come out with a baby! What a relief from what she was expecting, I'm sure!

VS


Come on, you be the judge!



The Short, Davis, and Reed families all got a chance to hold little "dewbie" as was his nickname in the womb and it was so great! He was a very solid little baby, pretty heavy for his height it seems. He had dark hair and quite a bit. I couldn't really tell who's facial features he had, some said he looked a lot like Lily, but others weren't really sure.



Janice and I were SOOOOO happy we went to the hospital to be there for the experience, we both decided that it was the best way we could have ever spent the night. It was definitely one of the coolest experiences I've ever had and I'm so happy for them.

1 comment:

AngelaBeth said...

Awww Lindsey does look great! And it's about time she had that baby! I can't wait to see him. He looks adorable. What an exciting experience!