Monday, December 7, 2009

'Tis the Season

I can't believe how fast the end of the year is approaching! After my birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving came and went so quickly.

There's not much to tell about Halloween. We went to the ward party (dressed as nerds) then went home and ran out of candy (our neighborhood is popular apparently). I guess we ate too much of our own candy!

Thanksgiving morning we went to the movie A Christmas Carol in 3D. Although it was a very dark movie (not recommended for kids!), the 3D was absolutely awesome! It really made the movie! I can't wait to go and see more movies in 3D.

For Thanksgiving lunch, we met with the Short side of the family at the Amerjan's. We ate lots of yummy traditional food. My favorite was the mashed potatoes and Lindsey's home-made bread!

After a nice nap, we went to the Brown Thanksgiving festivities at Black Angus. My grandpa wanted to treat us to a nice meal where no one had to stress about cooking. It sure was yummy!

Jeremy and I had the opportunity to go to the Nutcracker on Thanksgiving weekend. Fresno Unified employees got a special ticket price so I jumped on that opportunity. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who is willing to try new things, like going to the ballet!

Here is a picture of us after the show:
Last Friday, Jeremy's company (Decipher) had their Christmas party at Erna's Elderberry House. I believe it is the only 5 Diamond restaurant in the valley. Everyone met at Decipher to load charter buses and we traveled to Oakhurst. We started out with questionable appetizers (Jeremy tried everything of course) and had an interesting 3-course meal. Everything was new to me, but it was all very good. Quite the once-in-a-lifetime-experience!

Here is a picture of us at our table:
We got home very late, so our Saturday was spent lounging around. I can't imagine what kind of Saturday morning was had by the people drinking at the party!

The inside of our house is decorated for Christmas, so hopefully the outside will follow soon. Here is a picture of our Christmas tree:
We hope everyone has a great holiday season!

No comments: