Friday, February 26, 2010

Time for an update

Holy cow - it's been a long time! Where do I even being? What do I even remember?

Christmas was an enjoyable time. It's still hard learning how to share families and family traditions. I remember that we got lots of good stuff. =) Jammies, movie gift cards, clothes, etc. It's the most wonderful time of the year! I never got sick of listening to Christmas songs on the radio!

For New Years Eve we went to Magic Mountain. It was the last day to use our season passes. It was very exhausting because we haven't stayed up that late in a long time! Cooper, Jer's youngest brother, came with us. We stayed the night (morning?) in a hotel and drove home New Years Day.

At the end of January I had surgery to remove 5 areas of endometriosis and some uterine polyps. The surgery went well and I took a week off from teaching. It took a while to heal but I feel great. I'm still waiting to see all of the affects though. Thank goodness I have such great benefits because I paid absolutely nothing!

Nothing happened on Valentine's Day other than me getting sick. Boo.

Jeremy is still working for Decipher. I'm still loving my job teaching deaf and hard-of-hearing 2- and 3- year olds. I'm even considering getting another credential. It's getting scary in Fresno Unified this time of year with all of the budget cuts.

Other than the normal daily routines after 2 years and 2 months of marriage, we're still learning how to meet each others' expectations, show our love, compromise, and pick our battles!

Thank you to all of our friends and family who are helping, supporting, loving, and praying for us during the not-so-great times. We don't know what the future holds, but we plan on being happy in the end.

No comments: