Friday, September 26, 2008

Spark plugs & Subbing / Cars & Cousins

The car "incident" inspired us to make a few changes around the house. First we installed a motion-detecting security light over the garage with the help of Jeremy's dad, Bill. Then we cleaned out the garage and made room for car-parking. It looks and feels amazing! With the light and tucked-away car, I feel a little safer at night.

Thankfully Jeremy is a great handyman around the house. Not only can he take apart random things, figure them out, fix them, and put them back together into working order, but he can also sew, do dishes, and cook. This week's projects included replacing the spark plugs on my car, cutting down a screen to fit our window, and fixing and upgrading the sprinklers. Future pursuits may include a fireplace mantle, a front porch and walkway, and a shower in the second bathroom, among many other aspirations.


As for me, subbing for Fresno Unified is becoming sort of a joke. I finally got a subbing job for regular ed at an Elementary School last week. My second and last job thus far was for the same teacher and class just yesterday. I did pass out my information cards to all the Deaf Ed teachers, but I still seem to only get calls for random jobs. For example, a certain High School wanted me to sub Special Ed, French, and chemistry. Uh....no thanks! I've never taken any of those classes! What would I do unless they had worksheets and movies? At least I start subbing for Clovis Unified next week. THANK GOODNESS!!!


This afternoon and tomorrow we are privileged to have our cute cousins stay over at our house to play with us. Hopefully Emma, Maddy, and Benny have a great time playing hide-and-go-seek, running through the sprinklers, watching movies, making tents, etc. I know if I were little, I think it would be so cool to stay at another person's house and have new experiences and treats. We'll see how it goes!


Besides work, school, our home, and playing, that's about it for an update. One more thing...Monday we are getting Internet!!! Wooohooooooo!!!


1 comment:

Lauren Call Green said...

I'm so excited for you!! So many fun changes =) I'm sorry I didn't see you love! We were only there for a weekend and we were swamped! But my baby shower will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I will definately see you when I'm in town then!!! Lovies!!!