Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday!

We had a great day-after-Thanksgiving day. It started at 4:30am getting up to go to Old Navy, which opened at 5. We let Matt cut in line with us, got Jeremy some new pants, and then were out pretty quickly since the men's side was relatively calm. After getting home around 5:30 from our only shopping destination, we (of course) went back to sleep!
At 9:30 we joined the Short family in their 15-passenger van on an excursion to Yosemite. We survived the winding roads, passed through the amazing tunnel, and arrived at the beautiful lookout in the Yosemite Valley.
The giant Sequoia trees were huge!
We ate lunch near a little waterfall and walking trail, but in the van because it was so cold.
We visited the Yosemite Store where it was very difficult to find a bathroom that wasn't closed. On the way out of the valley, we took some pictures at Bridalveil Falls.
It was a beautiful and breathtaking day, yet very tiring. Many naps were taken in the van.

It was super crowded in the park so this may not become a Black Friday tradition, although shopping in the early morning certainly will continue!

Did you get any great deals? What are your day-after-Thanksgiving traditions?

2 comments:

Austin and Kristen Bennion said...

This was my first year going shopping on Black Friday! My sister and I shopped from 6am-2pm and I got all my xmas shopping done for $200! I am making this a tradition every year! I loved it!

Kim said...

Shaneek!! Why haven't I known about your blog all along?!?!