Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fall

The leaves on the trees are beautiful this time of year. I have a hard time concentrating while driving sometimes because I am looking at all of the wonderful colors surrounding me.

Our house has a big ginkgo tree in the front. I love it because it reminds me of my old house where we had three ginkgo trees in the front. It also provides nice shade during summer evenings and now is a bright splash of color on our street.




Unfortunately, since it is fall, all those leaves have to come down. That means raking. (I can't imagine all the raking my dad had to do with THREE! I do remember making his work worse by jumping into the piles and then seeing tons of black trash bags piled in the yard.)


We don't own a rake, and we certainly weren't prepared for all the yard work we'd have to do since we moved from an apartment to our very own house.

Thankfully, our next door neighbors have some great kids because this weekend they knocked on our door and ASKED if they could please rake our leaves. They said they did it all the time for the old owner of the house. Well, SURE! They did a great job, but wouldn't you know it.... the very next day our grass was covered with yellow leaves again! Hopefully they'll come over again and we can give them a little thank-you gift!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

wow. those are some nice neighbors to rake all your leaves! and i love the changing colors of fall. your trees are beautiful!